Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello!

I took a break for a while to get ready for school and take are of family . Sometimes you need to just take a break. I was feeling a little burned out on making things. I really felt a little uninspired but starting to get back to wanting to scrap. I have cleaned out alot of my scrap stuff and organized. Amazing things you can find buried in the back of the drawer. In fact, I made something from the back of the drawer. Not sure where I aquired the metal words or how long I had them. Plus I had this box that I bought for another project but got dropped and the wood split on top. So, I happen to be in a store and saw some of those over priced decorated boxes that I love to look at. I hate spending money on stuff like that when I know it can be made for so much less. Then I happen to be going through my stamps and never knew how many I had till now.  I found these Hero Art leaves stamps. So I spent a lovely rainy day ( and it was wonderful to see rain) making this box. I might add more to it later but for right now this is where its at. I used a combinatin of Tim Holtz Distress inks, coffee grounds, a few jewels and Stickles. I stained the metal words with Stazon inks.It looks alot lighter in the picture than what it is.

1 comment:

  1. this is so awesome kim!! glad you are back to paper crafting!!

    ReplyDelete